As Physiotherapists we are closely involved in the care and wellbeing of athletes including recreational, semi-professional and professional participants. This area of practice encompasses athletic injury management under 5 main categories:
- Acute care - assessment and diagnosis of an initial injury;
- Treatment - application of specialist advice and techniques to encourage healing;
- Rehabilitation - progressive management for full return to sport;
- Prevention - identification and address of deficiencies known to directly result in, or act as precursors to injury, such as movement assessment
- Education - sharing of specialist knowledge to individual athletes, teams or clubs to assist in prevention or management of injury
All of our Physiotherapists who practice in a sporting environment are also active in collaborative sports medicine programs too.
Common conditions that we treat :Sprains, strains, tennis and golfers elbow, ACL rehab, meniscus injuries, shin splits, muscle & ligament tears.
Training programs for armature participation in sports such as running, cycling, squash, badminton, tennis, basketball and swimming.
A state of the art portable clinic van, fitted with the complete range of equipment reaches you. Call : 080 41304999 / 7259185969
Dr. Sitaraman SundaresanMaster degree in physiotherapy (ortho & sports)
He also holds a Fellowship in Neurological Rehab and Fellowship in Cardiac Rehab from the Apollo Group of hospitals, Chennai and Hyderabad.
He heads the area of sports medicine and is also the director of fitness services at physio-be-fit.
An avid runner, his interests in the area of sports medicine is vast and he runs the Dynamic Fitness Ball Program and Core-Cardio fit programs, both specialised core-training programs.
He has trained more than 500 clients in the area of core-training since its inception 10 years ago.
His interests include knee joint therapies and spine care. With an extensive research in ankle sprains, he uses a unique technique in quick treatment of ankle sprains.
Dr. Shalini VarmaBSc., BPT
She heads the wing of clinical practices at the physio-be-fit center. With key interests in shoulder rehab and knee rehab, Dr. Shalini is well popular amongst individuals with frozen shoulder problems.
With vast experiences, she has worked with the Ramakrishna group of hospitals, jayanagar and with popular orthopaedic surgeons in the city as a consultant physiotherapist.